27.4.13

Chevrons make my heart sing!

In my last post I mentioned that I'd been crafting a little.  I had been keen to make a chevron quilt but as I have about a hundred projects on the go, I wasn't really too keen to commit to another big project.  But I did really really want to have a go at a chevron patchwork.



When my sister in law was over she had bought a couple of big super squashy cushions, the pads of which she couldn't fit in her case, so she just took the covers with the intention of buying new cushion pads back in England.  She left the two super squashy cushions here with instructions for me to make some cushion covers for myself and use the cushion pads in them.  Ooo yes purlease! So I got my measuring tape out and did a few little calculations to find out how big to make the squares to fit the cushion.  Once I'd chosen my colour scheme I got snipping.

After a few hours of working out my technique I ended up with this....




So far there is only one but I do have plans for sister cushion in orange, grey and white.

I've got to say that I've still got the urge to make a chevron quilt, I just love the way the colours look with the white fabric.  I wish I'd had the courage to make Syd's quilt as a chevron, but I will just have to wait until I have a legitimate excuse to make another quilt.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my last post.
I tried to find the pattern on the net for the monkey hat I made but unfortunately it's no longer available.  I downloaded it a while ago and had saved it.  Sorry about that.
And the new job is nothing super exciting, it's an admin job.  Having had a while off work from ill health, it's just been lovely to get back to being part of a team, to be learning new skills and to have a routine.  I feel very fortunate to have found a job I really enjoy, especially have had such a big career change.

I hope all is well where you are

Jo x

 



4 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

The chevrons look great, glad you're getting back into the swing of things! :) x

Susan C. said...

Lol....it's all good Jo, I googled monkey hat and found more than enough to get me started.
Your chevrons look really professional, thats a far bit of maths right there.
I am a book keeper/ admin, and I agree work of any sort is good for a person.
Glad to hear you have got going again, it's not what happens to us that defines us but how we overcome.

Coal Valley View said...

That's an awesome cushion Jo - so clever! I love chevrons too x

Rustic Vintage Country said...

That's fabulous, i'm really impressed! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...