A few weeks ago Jo from Binds you to Me passed the Leibster Award onto me Here is a little about it -
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
Here are my answers to Jo's questions -
1. Where is your most favourite place on earth?
For a girl with the travel bug, this is a hard question. I've always loved the Greek Islands but I would also love to return to Varanasi in India, that was a magical, crazy and wonderful place!
2. What is your happiest memory?
Probably the trip I took up the west coast of Australia when I was 25 with a Dutch friend in a $800 van we bought. I loved that trip so so much.
3. What is your favourite book?
I love sooo many books I really don't have one particular fave.
4. What scent brings back the most memories to you?
The smell of eucalyptus trees reminds me of holidays in Australia before I lived here.
5. What prompted you to start a blog?
I like to journal, so this is kind of my way of keeping track of what I get up to.
6. What or who is your inspiration?
I think it would have to be my Mom, she's a strong but gentle woman who had enormous amounts of tolerance
7. Favourite cookbook?
Feast by Nigella, It's my absolute go to book for whenever I need to find out how to make something; Nige has all the answers!
8. Velvet or silk?
The hippie in me says velvet.
9. Do you believe in Karma?
Yes I do
10. Lamps or candlelight?
I use lamps every evening but in the winter there's nothing like candlelight. Plus my mom makes soy candles so I always have a supply of wonderfully scented candles to burn, so I've always got them on hand.
My random facts:
- I didn't learn to ride a bicycle until I was 21
- I love gnomes and toadstools and all things folky and whimsical; probably as a result of my Irish Nan who used to tell me stories of the fairies who lived at the bottom of the garden
- I went to an all girls secondary school
- I have a sister who is 17 years younger than me and two brothers who are 5 and 6 years older than me
- When I was 20 I worked in Greece for a summer and learned Greek at evening classes for a while
- I would love to teach English abroad
- I used to be painfully shy and would blush at the drop of a hat, I have worked really hard to overcome that
- I am a hippie at heart, in my head I have dreadlocks and live in a caravan in the woods!
- All of my immediate family live in Australia, except for my Dad
- I had 5 years of piano lessons but was never a natural and can hardly play anything now
- I have a real phobia of the sea and what lurks within (ie. sharks)
Bloggers I am choosing to pass the Leibster Award on to are:
Ada Bea at Vintage Sheet Addict
Mel at Coal Valley View
Eleni at Eleni Drinks Tea
Kim from The Female Munich
Suzy at Rustic Vintage Country
Caroline at Scraps of Us
Susan at No Scraps too Small
My 11 questions to you
- If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be?
- What's your favourite flower?
- Give the name of your best friend. What are 3 of the best qualities about them?
- What music / song do you listen to when you need to fire yourself up?
- Can you speak another language?
- What is your favourite meal and how often do you eat it?
- What are you reading or making at the moment?
- What does your typical Sunday consist of?
- Favourite footwear?
- Where was your last holiday?
- Do you have a nickname?
Ladies I know it is a big deal to do all of this and don't feel like you have to do it all if you aren't up to it or if you've had a leibster award previously. Do anything you feel you want to or nothing at all! Maybe just have a nosey at the other blogs I've shared if you've not looked at them previously if you have the time. If you do choose to participate, I look forward to reading your random facts.
Hope all is well in your worlds