10.12.12

The Christmas Tree - where there's a will there's a way


Over the weekend I really really really wanted to get our Christmas tree. 

 
For some reason, the whole of Geelong was out of diesel and after trying four petrol stations, the landy was running on fumes.  So the use of the trailer was ruled out as we had no way of towing it.
    I wasn't about to let this stop me though, I just had to figure out another way of getting the tree back.  


 So with the hubby and his muscles in tow, we chose our tree and proceeded to tie it to the roof of the car.  I felt quite American for some reason and did notice one other car on the way back home also had a tree on their roof.  The hubs pointed out that they probably had a roof rack.  Oh well I'm happy to work with what I've got and for once I was pleased that my car is a tad on the old side.
I also saw someone with their tree in their tinny, wish I'd got a picture of that..


So I got home, popped some Christmas tunes on and had a blast getting all my decorations out from storage and being creative.

I'm still enjoying Instagram and I know that heavily Instagrammed pics aren't a true representation of the scene, but I just love them.

Have you got your tree up yet?
Do you use the same ornaments year after year or go with fashion and change your colours?  Do tell
Jo x   

 


3 comments:

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

You are a determined woman, I'm impressed! :)

Caroline South said...

Well done, your tree looks lovely. My partner has just brought a tree home with him this evening but we don't have anything to stand it in yet so it will have to wait a while. I can't wait to get all the decs out of the loft, and yes Christmas music whilst decorating the tree is a must! xx

...Tabiboo... said...

What a fabulous ride your tree had - I think a real one is always worth the effort....even putting the lights on (my worst job....ever!)

Your tree looks decorating looks gorgeous.

Nina x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...