29.8.12

Things I've noticed.....

It's almost Spring
Anyone would think I am excited about it...
And they'd be right, oh yes indeedy!



Yesterday was the first day that I noticed that I was too hot with the window up in the car.  I noticed that I could smell the blossom in the air from next door's tree that hangs over the fence.  I noticed clumps of the most orange of orange flowers when I was out driving and noticed how the sun seems to make everything so much brighter and more vibrant.



  I noticed that my feet weren't cold at all in my flip flops and that I could possibly have done without my cardigan. This morning I noticed that the heater read 15 degrees instead of the usual 11. 



I was reminded of how much happier I feel when the sun shines and I am warm.  Yesterday really was the first day for a few months that I actually could imagine that it would get warm again.  A bit dramatic perhaps, but I always find it hard to remember how cold it gets in winter when I'm in the height of summer and so too the other way round. 

The Echium spears are appearing


Spring seems to hold so much promise... for the lighter nights and warm evenings, the smell of coconut sun lotion, the BBQs for tea, the vegetables that will grow in my garden; plump red tomatoes, coriander that bolts and basil that transforms my dinner, the juicy blood red plums that appear on the trees in early summer, the sun that streams into the back of the house in the mornings, those mornings when you just know the blinds need to stay closed to try to keep out some of that sunshine to try in vain to keep the house under 30 degrees C, the dog sprawled out on the floor under the ceiling fan, salads for dinner, cold drinks, drives to the beach for ice cream, painted toenails, washing that dries on the line in under an hour and skies that are the my most favourite shade of blue.

The promises of the plum tree

I just can not wait! This week we're forecast to have our first 20 degree day in months.  I think that once the first 20 degree day arrives winter is done.

Mack can't wait either, he's a real sun worshiper
 
Jo x


6 comments:

Caroline said...

What a lovely post Jo. Spring is my favourite season too. I'm really starting to notice Autumn is on it's way here. Love your list of things to do and see when you come over. Hope you have a brilliant time. xx

Eleni said...

Hello, thanks for reading my blog! I've noticed a couple of lovely comments from you so I thought I'd drop by and say hello...and now you're making me long for spring! And we're only just heading into autumn here!

Jo said...

Thanks Caroline, I'm far too excited for my own good about the arrival of Spring. And I may have spoken too soon about the warmth, today I'm perished! Blue skies but cold wind. brrr!

Jo said...

Hey Eleni, sorry about making you long for Spring! I know the feeling! x

...Tabiboo... said...

We're just heading into Autumn and the temperature has dropped enormously - time to get those woolly blankets out and stack the wood pile for us.

Nina x

Michele said...

Yes, It's almost Autumn time now here, but we've had some lovely warm days here in Suffolk in the UK. I love an Indian summer . Michele x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...