20.8.12

Blowing away the cobwebs



The sun shone today after a few days of relatively grotty weather.
I checked the tide times and figured that there would be enough beach to walk on, so with the obligatory dog ball in my bag off we went.

  
I don't often take my camera to the beach but I decided that instead of this trip being all about the dog getting his exercise, today was going to be a time to take some photos and the dog walk was secondary to that


 So as I walked I looked for treasures

 
At times losing the dog, only to see him appearing from the top of the dunes when I whistled him


 I noticed a shell sitting inside a shell


 

 This was some sort of sponge


 The water was clear, it was freezing though.  I kicked off my flip flops and walked along in the water up to my shins, initially a bit of a shock but pretty refreshing...




 I caught this shot of Mack mid air on his way to pouncing on the ball




I love the iridescence on the inside of these shells




 I love the noise of the sea as the waves do their thing
 

 This was the last photo I took; the tiniest purple shell


I love being able to go the beach in the week, as more often than not we're there on our own.

I can't wait for Spring, this weekend coming is the last weekend of Winter, hoorah!

Jo x
 

3 comments:

...Tabiboo... said...

Gorgeous coastal picture and I love that picture of Mac in mid pounce.

Nina x

Lori said...

Oh My I am in love with Mack!!! Beautiful photos :)

Caroline said...

Gorgeous pictures. It looks so lovely there and those shells are just beautiful. Would love to find such treasures on our beach walks. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...