1.4.12

March Roundup

Back in March I thought about all the things I wanted to do and decided it might be a good idea to set myself a month intention list to keep the ideas in my mind and to choose only five or so things to focus on. 

My March Intentions consisted of...

. making a blogable photo collage. I spent waaay too many hours on this but finally did manage to make a photo collage using GIMP.  I didn't practise it anywhere near enough though and will need to do a bit of a brain refresher when I come to use it again!

This one was made using shapecollage (as you can see from
the writing it placed across the pic!

This one was made using photovisi
(easy the first time but not so much after that)

 
And this was the one I made using GIMP

 . start making a patchwork quilt.  I have indeed started making a patchwork quilt but then got a wee bit sidetracked with a Granny a Day. I so need to focus on one thing at a time, but when it comes to craft I just can't help it
 
A quarter of the way there

. find someone who can assist me to knit a pair of socks.  She is found!  I have enlisted a fellow Brown Owl to help me with this (when I can squeeze it into my crazy crafting schedule)

. ride my new bikeNot quite as much as I'd have liked to.


Ginger up in Melbourne

. blog more regularly.  Well I definitely did blog more regularly than in previous months so I think that one gets a tick.

All in all March was a full month which saw me getting into far too many craft ventures, developing a fancy for hexie patchwork, looking after my niece, making her a sleeping bag and some other little bits, getting into the Granny A Day project, finding some vintage fabrics, celebrating our wedding anniversary with a yummy home cooked Greek meal, getting out in the garden, getting a lovely cumquat tree from freecycle and getting a sunshine award (Which I still need to blog about... Wow what a busy month and I still didn't have enough time to get everything done that I wanted; a few more hours in the day required!

Now it is April and we are into the second month of Autumn, this month will be mostly based on getting my house ship shape in time for the winter hibernation, plus of course a bit of crafting! :)

Happy Sunday
Jo

2 comments:

Caroline South said...

What a busy month! well done on your photo collages, they look great. I have just done my first mosaic through flickr, was pretty simple to do, can just choose no of squares and colour. Heres the link in case you want to try -http://flagrantdisregard.com/flickr/mosaic.php
Love your bike, if i had a bike as pretty as ginger i might cycle too! x

Caroline South said...

Thanks. I'm glad the link worked, I was surprised how easy they were on there and I just added text in flickr too. The oriental one is just photos cut out - I'm much more a scissors and glue person really so simple is good! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...