I have been having a good ole scout around on the net and have found a lot of gorgeous patterns for granny squares so I thought I'd share the love and hopefully save someone else a bit of research time.
3 links for Heart Grannys
- lilley stitches has got a great visual photo tutorial for a heart in a granny square
- Jackie's Heart Granny Square is more of a denser heart in a granny square
- Crochetville is a bit of a combination of the above two.
Other grannys, non heart related
- crochet pattern central have got loads and loads of 6" square pattern links
- Pop over to Lyanna Jean Designs to see this cute grandma dots bobble square pattern
- I like this one at Suzie's Stuff a lot, it looks like a poofed up flower
- Sols (tr)ikke has shared a stunning pattern for a circle in a square and it has a fabulous photo tutorial to go with it. This is the one I followed for the other work in progress blanket I have on the go
- This link will take you to a page at all free crafts which has patterns for six squares including a popcorn flower square, a puff flower square and a petal flower square (which looks like the one I winged)
I have only tried a couple of these out but I thought I'd pop them in one place so that I can remember where I've put them (my favourites bar is a scary place!)
Let me know if you try any of them and link up so I can pop on over and check out your squares