The weather was a bit dismal on saturday so instead of going for an intended ride on my bike, I took full advantage and made a start on the patchwork blanket that I mentioned in my previous post.
I'd already got a template cut out for a baby quilt I made several years ago so away I went on Friday evening and cut away like a woman possessed. I ended up with three different piles of fabric
3. made up squares of scraps of fabric that were
too small to make a whole square.
A bit of magic and they become this...
I then started from one point and worked my way out from there, making sets of three, then six, then twelve, then joining them up along the row.
I intend to make this quilt in a queen / king size and figure that i am approx a quarter of the way there at best.
The one quilt I made before was a small cot sized one and that was enough of a challenge, so this will definitely push my not yet developed quilting skills to the limit!
And here is my favourite square so far...
Orange, gaudy and flowery!
Sew happy here in my neck of the woods