18.3.12

A Granny A Day

In my 'Things I Want to Make' post I mentioned that I wanted to make an afghan crochet blanket using all sorts of different squares. 

I thought it would be a good way of developing my skills in the crochet department and I was quite taken with the idea of learning a whole heap of different patterns, using a variety of different coloured wool and having another exciting project on the go. 


I didn't really plan to get going on it just yet, as I do have quite a few other creative endeavours that I flick between already on the go at the mo.... 



However......

One of those Granny a Day crochet along projects has pushed my intention forward by a couple of months.  Pip over at Meet Me at Mikes has set up 'A Granny a Day 2012' and I just couldn't resist.


Image by Meet Me At Mikes

The pattern I used for the flower in a square above was suggested by Pip and can be found here.

I used a size 4mm hook and the finished square came out at 4 inches / 10 cm.

Also one thing to remember about this pattern is that when it says to do a 'dc' it's actually an AU / UK treble.  I tried them both ways but the tr looks far better.



Two down, and many more to go!

Happy hooking
Jo :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...