15.3.12

Sometimes I forget to look up, do you?

I've been casting my eyes skywards of late

The sunset last night was beautiful with two layers of cloud; one brighter cotton woolly type cloud above and a more wispy grey cloud below.  The contrast of light and dark made me want to get my camera out and see if I could capture the moment.....


Then at about 9pm last night the lightening flickered for a good half hour without any rain.  I struggled to get a photo, as whenever the lightening flashed and I pressed the button, the shutter stayed open for so long that the flash of lightening had ended.  This was the best of the bunch.  I quite like the squiggles of light. (Can you make out the heart shaped eucalyptus tree?)..........


After a rainy night, I was jolted awake by a massive clap of thunder and this morning the sky was heavy with rain.  Then in true Melbourne fashion, the day warmed up and the cloud dispersed a wee bit.  It ended up being quite a hot one; quite muggy with a warm gusty wind that played havoc with the hair!

This was what the sky looked like in my garden at about 4pm today....


Beautiful Autumn skies


1 comment:

...Tabiboo... said...

I think you've taken some fantastic pictures and 'wow' to the elements - we are just coming into our Spring.

Have a lovely day

Nina xxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...