6.2.12

A tour of my craft space

I've been intending to organise my craft supplies for a while as I have migrated from my craft hut to my lounge room as I found it to be more conducive to crafting if I am in the house rather than away up the garden.  My hubs has been very patient with my clutter which really was spreading itself around at an alarming rate.  I knew he was getting a bit over it when he suggested making me a table to work on and to have a designated area of the lounge to craft in. 
He suggested 'that half will be for craft and this half is a no go zone'....  Hmmm, patient but over it me thinks.

So this is the result....


I had a bit of a move round, the reading area has dissipated and been relocated.  The round table is where I have my sewing machine on the go.  The rectangular craft table is the perfect height, it's great for cutting out and drawing and anything that means that I don't have to stoop over to craft. 

Underneath I keep some of my fabric that I have imminent plans for and in the wicker laundry basket is my scrap supply.  A lot of scrap in there! 

Now for a little gander around the goodies on the table...

I keep a little bowl with all the most used bits and bobs in so that it's handy to grab...

Essential items are all in one place and easy to access. They include tailors chalk, quick unpicks, a needle holder, a pot of pins, bias maker & tape measure.

My scissors sit in a gorgeous cookie jar that was $3 from the op shop, the jam jar is for pens and chopsticks (an essential for poking out corners) and a small pair of scissors that fall all the way into the cookie jar if I let them...

The Mocona coffee jars that the hubs brings back from work hold buttons, zips and ribbon;  one jar for each.  Also the thread holder is such a great idea.  It was under $5 from Kmart and means that my threads don't all end up knotted together in a coffee jar.  The little honey jar holds my crochet hooks and I'm not too sure why the paint brushes are there as I do very little painting... I think I may relocate those...


Another thing to make sewing easier.  A little dish of pins.  It helps that the dish is totally gorgeous of course.  I find it so much easier to pick pins out of a dish than the ferret around in a little pin tin.  I tried the latter for a loooong time and now I am a dish convert.

Now if you like vintage sewing goodies, take a look at this beauty of beauties......
My sis in law found this for me at a trash & treasure market and I totally LOVE it. She so knows my tastes.

And besides the totally splendid lining, I keep other sewing related bits in here.  Embroidery thread, bits of felt, spare bobbins, another tin of pins



This beauty case I got for zilch from the op shop a while ago.  It may not be the most beautiful thing in the world but seeing as though my fave colour is orange and I genuinely like it, I bought it home with me.

And it holds my stamping and labelling goods.  Very practical it is too.

Okay are you still with me?

There's more....

By the back door there is the sweetest little cubby that has been used for a few things over time; it's held the dog's brush, things that need to go into the hubs work shed, shoes etc.  But we have never found the perfect use for it....... until now. 
With it technically falling into the craft half of the lounge I am using it as storage for my goodies.


And  in here I keep my stationery basket with the furry purple and orange pencil case I've had since I was 13 or so...


A little box with a few of my pattern bits in...


And a tray with a handle to hold lace, ric rac, bias and embellishments (I love that word)....



And there you have it.  This is how I have organised my space.  I know I am very lucky to have a) a very tolerant husband and b) the space available to be able to do this.


And I just wanted to share some sunshine with you.  It's only gonna be about 22ish today so that is perfect for me.  I love the way the sun leeches through wherever it can. 

Happy crafting
Jo ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...