14.2.12

I love crocheted 3D love hearts



I'm gonna be sharing the love this Valentine's Day with these little bundles of squishy 3D crochet.



And because not everyone's favourite
colour is red...




And the cutest of them all...



I followed the tutorial from here.  It was a little bit tricky to get the pattern going, but if you perservere to get past row 3, it gets much easier.  Also I used a little safety pin as a row marker which made it easier to know where to stop.  I wasn't all that precise with the number of stitches but they all worked out in the end.



I used a variety of hook size and yarn types.  The tiny yellow heart was using the finest 3ply baby wool with a 3mm hook, the grey one was also a thinnish yarn and I used the smaller hook with that.  The others were using a 5mm hook.



I found it easy to get the hang of the pattern with the larger hook, but I found that the smaller the hook, the neater the stitches.

I'd never had a go at amigurumi prior to this.  I didn't even know how to say the word until I watched this youtube tutorial. I'd really recommend having a looksee if you've new to it, as this video goes through the importance of where to place your hook and shows how different your work will look, depending on where you do put the hook. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...