5.12.11

Handmade owl ornament semi tutorial

I've been going along to the Brown Owls craft group and I am loving it.  It's so great to meet a multitude of people who all have an interest in craft and are at all different levels of expertise.  There's something so comfortable about being with people who share a common interest, even if you don't know more than each others' names. 

So in the spirit of handmade crafts, we are having a Kris Kringle ornament swap this week.  Now with this comes some anxiety... what to make... how big.... what colours.... what if they hate it.....and all that jazz that I am sure everyone else thinks too, no doubt!  

Whilst I was making my little felt ornaments last week I thought that it might be appropriate to make an owl ornament as it is indeed a Brown Owls group.  So after a bit of pondering on the cornyness of this, I did indeed decide that an owl (corny or not) was what I was going to make.  I took photos of the pieces that I cut out prior to making them so that should you want to make one too, you can see what you'll need.  I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a tutorial, but maybe I can get away with calling it a semi tutorial! 

From this...


To this....



Do a bit of this....


And you end up with this.....



Made with love and joyful thoughts

Jo :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...