21.11.11

propagating mint

I have always wanted a big bushy pot of mint in the garden; the old big leafed type of mint.  I have attempted to make this happen on several occasions; buying tubes and they've died, planting little cuttings into soil, buying the wrong type of mint and trying to make do with that.  But the other day I went to my brother's place and low and behold there sat the huge bushy pot of mint that I want.  So did he give it to me?  No of course he didn't but he did give me some cuttings.



So I thought this time I would try putting the cuttings in water and seeing if they grow roots.  I also tried taking the tops and planting them into soil.  (these withered and died pretty quickly).
But the ones in water have survived and after only 5 days they looked like this...





With roots like this....

  I think I'm on my way to that bushy pot of mint.  I'll keep you updated....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...