3.9.11

Hello!


Hello there!  Thanks for stopping by...

I have been busy lately working on many projects and I've been lucky enough to have plenty of time to dedicate to getting crafty.  I bought a typewriter a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't used it a huge amount so far but I've got it in mind for some labels and other little projects.

Next weekend is my little sister's baby shower.  I've only ever been to 1 baby shower before and seen one on an episode of Kath and Kim ages ago (noice!).  I have been organising games and food ideas and have been getting quite in to it really; thinking of decoration ideas and cute little details.  I've got the food ideas sorted and will be getting to work on making the things I can freeze this weekend in an attempt to be organised and not leave everything to the very last minute, which is my usual style!

As a gift for the baby shower I've been sewing a little (and I mean little) gift.  It is beyond cuteness and I know my sis will love it.  Who couldn't?


We know the baby is a girl......

I got all the patterns from other blogs and have been really pleased with the results.  The dress was from smashedpeasandcarrots and the directions were extremely easy to follow.  I was really happy with the result.  The nappy / diaper cover was from here.  It looks so easy but it was quite tricky to make.  I don't have an overlocker / serger so I had to do a bit of extra fiddling when making the leg holes.  They turned out well though and I'm sure the next time I make them they'll be easier.  The shoes were from here and I LOVE them.  They are so so small as the pattern said size 0-3 months and I wanted them from birth so I made them a tiny bit smaller than suggested.  I will definitely use all of these patterns again, I was really impressed to find them for free on the net and was chuffed with how they turned out.  I think they make lovely ideas for gifts for friends' babies (is it me or do there seem to be a LOT of girls being born just at the moment?)

Hope you're having a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jennifer :: The Blissful Brush said...

They are so (sew?lol) beautiful I can't begin to tell you. Those shoes are glorious. You are a very talented sewer Jo!

Jo said...

Aw thanks Jennifer you're sew kind! I think the shoes really make the outfit. I enjoyed making them and am looking forward to seeing them on the baby when she finally arrives.
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...